December Sports Spotlight: Brandon Harris
Interview by Mike Pink, Staff Reporter
Q&A with Brandon Harris, senior on varsity wrestling
1. Who’s your favorite collegiate team to root for?
“My favorite team is Wisconsin.”
2. What do you want to be when you’re older?
“I want to be a professional trainer, actor or a pro boxer.”
3. What’s your favorite pump-up song?
“‘My Time’ by Fabolous.”
4. What other organized sports have you played throughout your life besides wrestling?
“I’ve done track, baseball, football, basketball, floor hockey, freestyle and greco roman wrestling.”
5. Why did you pick wrestling as your main sport to focus on?
“I focus on wrestling the most because it’s the sport that I hate to lose in.”
6. What’s your favorite part about wrestling?
“My favorite part is after the season finishes and looking back on the wars I fought. Also, testing my body physically and mentally.”
7. How hard is it to maintain weight?
“It’s extremely hard to maintain weight because your friends get to eat all these tasty foods around you. It’s also a huge mental game to determine if you can turn down or accept the food. You also have to limit your water intake. I am not really cutting weight this year, though.”
8. Who is your biggest competitor this year?
“My biggest competitor is Collin Holler from Carl Sandburg High School. He’s ranked first in state.”
9. Do you think that you have the talent to make it to state this year?
“Yes, I think I have the talent to make it to state this year, but I have to get mentally stronger.”
10. What are you looking forward to the most for this season?
“I’m looking forward to regionals, and hopefully, I can make it to sectionals then state.”