March Sports Spotlight: Sara Kern
Interview by Mike Pink, Staff Reporter
1. What’s your favorite meal?
“Steak and mushrooms”
2. What’s your dream vacation?
“Australia because I’ve never seen any pictures of Australia that are less than perfect.
3. Who’s your celebrity crush?
4. In the offseason, how many times do you practice/workout a week?
“During the fall it’s twice a week. During the winter it’s five to six times a week.”
5. What are your expectations for this season?
“I think we will be the best that we have ever been since I’ve been at WHS because there are a lot of seniors the amount of talent that the underclassmen have.”
6. What was your favorite softball experience as a Wildcat?
“Hitting two homers off of my friend who pitches at Rolling Meadows.”
7. What were your emotions like when you signed your letter of intent to play at University of Missouri in St. Louis?
“Excited, but I was also over anxious.”
8. How does it feel to follow your mom’s footsteps and play collegiate softball?
“I’m proud because she always tells me that it was one of the best experiences in her life and the team pretty much becomes your family.”
Read more about Sara Kern signing her letter of intent at http://wheelingspokesman.com/?p=1009.